Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pretty Pink

A few projects from this summer for my cousin who is expecting a girl. As if you couldn't tell from all the pink!
Kaylee should be joining us any day now! We are hoping for Monday.
This is the first time I've made a block letter. It was really fun and a challenge for my mind with all the measuring. I wanted it to flare on the ends, so it took maticulous measuring and cutting.
I hand stitched the stretch fabric onto the top cutout of the K and folded the edges over. I added ric-rac to the side panels. I love how it stands up by itself! It sure did require a great deal of stuffing to get it that firm.
These are burp cloths for my cousin's baby shower. The embroidery was done on a machine and I sewed the ribbon on with the sewing machine. I thought they turned out great. Which is your favorite?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love them all! You're so crafty. You definitely should open an Etsy shop.

I hope you're having a great year so far!